A local blogger reveals Atlanta’s best spots for this southern staple.
1. MILLER-UNION “This James Beard Award semifinalist offers a different take on grits: fried grit fritters with country ham and gooey local Tomme cheese.”
999 Brady Ave; 678-733-8550; www.millerunion.com
2. DOGWOOD “The grit bar at this refined spot features yellow ground Red Mule grits and accoutrements such as pimento cheese and crawfish butter.”
525 Peachtree St; 404-835-1410; www.dogwoodrestaurant.com
3. WEST EGG CAFE “Breakfast is served all day at this popular Westside establishment, so you can enjoy the dense and creamy roasted garlic grits any time.”
1100 Howell Mill Rd; 404-872-3973; www.westeggcafe.com
4. WAFFLE HOUSE “No trip to Atlanta is complete without a visit to Waffle House. It was founded here, aft er all. The grits are best when paired with ham, bacon or a creamy slice of American cheese.”
5. JCT KITCHEN “The Red Mule grits at this adventurous Southern eatery swim in a gluttonous pool of butter, topped with a poached egg. Stir it all up and enjoy.”
1198 Howell Mill Rd; 404-355-2252; www.jctkitchen.com
Keep up with Jimmy Sobeck’s dining adventures around Atlanta at www.eatitatlanta.com.